Chicago's first homegrown House Music and Disco festival returns July 1 and July 2 - 2017.
Chicago’s souled-up Woodstock returns in July 2017: The Chosen Few DJs have announced the dates for the 2017 Chosen Few Picnic, taking place on the Southside of Chicago.
The festival returns this July 1 and July 2 2017. You’ll notice this means it will also remain a two-day festival, as per last year. “We will continue the Festival as a two-day event,” the Chosen Few said in a release. “Surveys tell us the majority of our attendees prefer a two-day event, and we continue to believe that it makes fiscal and logistical sense from a production standpoint.
“Like Saturday, on Day 2 of the Festival we plan to focus on what we do best and what our core audience wants – House Music!”
The full line-up has also been announced for each day. Are you ready for this?
DJ sets by your hosts, the Chosen Few DJs, plus guest DJs Ron Trent, Sadar Bahar, Gene Farris, Craig Loftis, Hula Mahone, Dee Jay Alicia, Big Al & Mike Boogie. Special live performance by Donna McGhee, singing her classics, “It Ain’t No Big Thing”, “Love Bug” and“Everybody Dance”. Gates open at 9:00 AM; music begins at 10 AM.
There are a few other changes as the Chosen Few continue to tweak and experiment with Chicago’s first homegrown House Music and Disco festival, now approaching it’s 27th year (!) The full release is below.
SAVE THE DATE: Chosen Few Picnic Weekend, July 1-2, 2017
The Chosen Few DJs are excited to officially announce that the Chosen Few Picnic & Music Festival will take place on July 1 and 2, 2017 in Chicago’s Jackson Park! As many of you know, last year we experimented with a few changes after 25 years that were designed to enhance your festival-going experience and provide greater opportunities for our sponsors and vendors. Some of the changes worked well, while some may not have been as successful as we had hoped. Most importantly, we listened closely to you, the attendees, and as a result have some updates to announce concerning this year’s event.
Here are 10 things you should know about the 2017 Chosen Few Picnic & Music Festival:
1. We will continue the Festival as a two-day event; surveys tell us the majority of our attendees prefer a two-day event, and we continue to believe that it makes fiscal and logistical sense from a production standpoint
2. Like Saturday, on Day 2 of the Festival we plan to focus on what we do best and what our core audience wants – House Music!
3. What you can bring into the park (tents, grills, food, drinks, etc.) will be the same on Day 1 and Day 2
4. We will no longer be a “cashless” event on Day 1 or Day 2; cash may be be used to purchase food and merchandise at the event on both days
5. Regarding our tent space packages (House and Underground packages), you will be able to purchase from three (3) options while supplies last: Saturday only; Sunday only; or both days
6. Regarding tent space packages, you will have the option of either bringing your own 10 x 10 tent (and no larger) to cover your tent space or having Chosen Few supply the tent at a higher cost
7. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that there are no unreasonable wait times to enter the event
8. While in recent years we’ve delivered performances from guest DJs and artists from around the globe – and will continue to do so – in 2017 we plan to focus on providing opportunities to several of our great hometown Chicago DJs and artists during the two-day Festival
9. To get an earlier jump on things, we will be announcing our featured guest DJs and performers during the month of January 2017
10. Tickets (Early Bird General Admission, VIP, and tent space packages) will go on sale in January 2017 (date to be announced)
Please stay tuned for more information and announcements. Thank you!
The Chosen Few DJs – Wayne, Jesse, Tony, Alan, Andre, Terry & Mike